Friday, June 8, 2012

I have to say that I love getting to watch or assist with animals other than cats and dogs.  It's just nice for a change.  Lately more people have been having fish which is great!  I watch rats, guinea pigs, and yesterday I got to clip wings on a new bird!  I love birds, but mainly big birds.  Seems that the smaller birds like cockatiels and conures usually have an attitude despite their innocent faces.  Wing trims are much easier than nail trims so I was excited.  He was such a little stinker!  He could still fly with the normal trim so I had to cut his main flight wings.  Stressed the poor kid (and his mom) out, but now he can have more freedom in the loft.  He repaid me by pooping down my hand and then biting me.  Sigh... it's a thankless job.

Batman a.k.a. Hopper
I have learned this about lofts in this city.  You can hear EVERYTHING from your neighbors.  Teeth brushing, coughing, sneezing, phone calls, ahem "nighttime activities".... Although beautiful spaces, be prepared for very little privacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment