Friday, June 15, 2012

A few things:

I saw a woman/lady in her late 20's/early 30's walking with a little kid yesterday.  Cute little boy, probably 4 years old.  She looked very put together, and as I was admiring her "put-togetherness" I realized that her white tank top said "FUCK FUR" in big, bold red letters.  Now, while I agree with the statement wholeheartedly, I do not agree with wearing the shirt in front of as little boy.  Call me old fashioned.

I took a last minute job with a cat and dog combo who I haven't seen in quite a while.  It's a teeny chihuahua and a cat who hates everyone but mom.  The apartment is on the 4th floor and about a million stairs up.  I always think that I will have an ass of steel by the time she comes back, but i never do.  It also doesn't help that the dog does the stairs 100x faster than I do.

They both seemed thoroughly disappointed that it was me at the door this afternoon and NOT mom.  I thought I would win over their love by giving them wet food.  It kinda worked with the dog, but he ate it within seconds!  We then went for a romp in the park.  He marked everything in sight, chased some squirrels, and we went home.  He threw up most of his wet food before the first flight of steps.  Then the rest of it when we got upstairs.  Sigh.... my plan backfired.  Not only did he eat too fast, he ran around like a crazy man immediately afterwards.  Ugh.


Earlier I went to clip some nails on a brother/sister cat duo.  Keep in mind that I have been doing this for them consistently since they were 8 weeks old.  They are now a year old.  They still make me chase them down.  The bad part was that I came right as the cleaning lady was leaving (who was super sweet!!!)  She had already traumatized them with the vacuum and now I was about to traumatize them with nail trims.  They were BOTH hiding under the bed next to eachother on top of a suitcase. I got the girl first since she was the toughie last time.  Four feet trimmed and she headed for the door.  This time I had to chase the boy who usually comes right to me no matter what! Ugh, back and forth.  Right side of the bed, left side of the bed, over, under, etc... took much longer than expected.  They are lucky I love them so much :)
 These pics were back when they were tiny and gullible :)



No comments:

Post a Comment