Follow by Email

Friday, February 3, 2012

This was the day of impeccable timing!!!  Very crazy how things worked out. 

Let me start off with the cats that stole my money.  I watch 2 adorable young cats, one has calmed down, and one is BAD.  Bad with a capitol B, but he is the sweetest cuddlebug ever.  They have a tendency to climb the walls, knock everything off of flat surfaces, hang of the shower curtain, un-roll toilet paper, scratch everything even though they have fabulous cat trees and scratching posts... etc.
I stopped by today to do a nail trim on them so that they cannot attach themselves to the walls (at least for a week or so)  Their owner said she would leave money for me, but when I got there I didn't see anything.  After she told me where it started out this morning, I realized that they stole it!  And possibly ate it?  It was under a jar of treats and the jar was on the floor.  I searched 3 levels of the house, no money.  I think they are hoarding it to buy more Greenies.

On my way to old city, I passed by the park on 2nd and Market and there were no dogs, but a cell phone in the grass.  I thought to myself, "If that were MY phone, I would want someone to try to find me." So I took a spin through the park, picked it up and the battery was almost dead, but there were 24 missed calls, so I knew someone was looking for it.  I called the number that made most of the calls "Chef Bruce", and this guy answered and seemed less than enthused that I found this phone, but said he lived across the street and would come down.  While I was waiting there, I saw a younger guy searching around the park and said, "Are you looking for a phone?"  He looked so relieved and said, "Yes!! That's my phone!"  Said the guy I spoke to was his roommate and he was sleeping and not going to come down for anything.  Good deed #1, my mitzvah if you will.

Then if was off to 20th and Chestnut to a cat, having to stop by the GAP outlet right next to her apartment.  $1.97 tank tops!!  And nice ones!!  I purchased many.

Then caught the bus, planning on getting out at 9th and Chestnut.  The bus stops at 11th and isn't going anywhere.  There is a protest for something with healthcare.  TONS of people shouting and singing and blocking Chestnut between 10th and 11th.  There is a LINE of bus's, all empty, drivers on the sidewalk looking frustrated, and traffic backing up for blocks.  I get out and just walk to the dog at 9th and South.  Just so happens this is the wedding dog.  I got there earlier than planned, but fed him dinner and took him out anyway.  AS I was putting peanut butter in his KONG, I see the storm door open.  The wedding party came to the house to take pictures with the dog and some by the front door!  I was actually needed to get the harness on the dog and then hold him back while they took other pics. Impeccable timing again!  Plus I got to see the happy bride and groom take super cute pictures and they were both beaming.  I am not one for big weddings and pictures and massive festivities, but I had to say that they looked so cute and so happy!  I got a little choked up and I just met them once this week!  What a Friday!  I'm exhausted!

1 comment: