Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Flood!!

What seems like a simple cat job......is a crazy flooding nightmare!
There are 2 awesome cats that I am watching



Sweet cat kids, food/meds/litter - easy enough.  I was told to watch for flooding in the basement.  It rained, it threw towels down, ta da.  But then, Terry and I heard dripping water.  It was the sound of water dripping into water.  We followed it and found the culprit. The washing machine was dripping water into the basin even though the valves were shut off.  It was almost overflowing.  Awesome.  There is no drain or utility sink, so I had to bring buckets of water up to the kitchen to lower the water level enough to put the washer on the spin cycle so that it would drain.  The next visit it filled up again.  I kept going back to check, it kept filling up.  The client is unreachable by phone, but I sent an email and left a voicemail. Rather than flooding her house, I had a plumber come over on Monday to take a look at it.  He fixed it for now (hero!) but the whole situation was a pain.  I am not only pet sitting, I am house sitting.  If it were me, I would want it fixed, so that was what I did.  It pays to have many contacts in your arsenal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment