Friday, April 19, 2013

I have a new client with birds.  I am going over about once a week to hang out with the birds and get them used to me.  Of course I want them to immediately love me and fly onto my shoulder, but that takes time.  I went to visit with them a few days ago and was waiting for the elevator.  The front desk guy that I have blogged about before (who instilled the kiss hello out of nowhere 2 years ago) was hurrying out of the elevator as I was getting in.  He said, "Hey Deb!  How are you?" and kissed me hello.  Upon entering the elevator, I see 2 little girls and a baby sitter.  The younger girl (maybe 7 yrs old?) immediately says, "Ew!  He's old!  Is he your boyfriend? Because you just kissed him."  I said, "No, we are just friends." She replied, "But then why did you two kiss??"  I told her what I have told everyone else and treated her like an adult.  I said, "Ya know, I really don't know.  He instilled this a long time ago, and I just went with it.  I honestly don't have a good reason why."  Her reply to that was, "You're freaky."  I smiled and said thank you (as I got a kick out of it) and when they exited the elevator the baby sitter turns to me and apologizes.  She said, "I don't know where they come up with this stuff, I'm just the baby sitter.  I'm so sorry." She was mortified for the both of us.  It was a pleasant change.  The elevators used to be filled with elderly Jews bickering (which was also amusing as it reminds me of my childhood), but now younger families are moving into that building.  Delightful.

This is not THE bird, but A bird

No comments:

Post a Comment