Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I am in the midst of watching 2 cats that I watch ALL THE TIME.  I know them as well as my own cats.  For the first 3 days Billy was not eating well.  This is a cat who eats like a starving dog.  He actually hisses at me if I don't get the canned food into his bowl fast enough, so when he didn't come running for breakfast I was concerned.  I found a big pile of vomit on the first floor and he was hiding on the 3rd floor.  The owner and I kept in close touch and she wanted me to take him in to the vet after the 3rd day if inappetence.  I made the appointment and went to the house an hour beforehand to ensure that I got him IN the carrier.  He can be quite grumpy!  First I get the carrier and this is what I find.

A giant Halloween spider attached to it.  I have to admit, it startled me.  I then had him cornered in the cat room with the cat door blocked off (so I thought).  He started with his growling and hissing and his behind the water heater.  I left to get a towel to make my life easier and when I got back from the bathroom he was in the kitchen!  Ugh!!!  So The chase began. He ended up under the bed (a king) and was a raving lunatic.  Hissing, swatting, spitting.... he was a nightmare.  Needless to say, I did not make the appointment.  I left the carrier in the kitchen and took off incredible frustrated.  With the appointment rescheduled for the next morning, my afternoon was spent trying to locate the gloves we used at the vet.  I should have them anyway, but now just seemed like prime time to get them.  I called Lowes and they said they had what I needed.  The "Tools Guy" described them exactly.  We went over there later that afternoon, they were the opposite of what I needed!  Ugh again!!  I ended up ordering them online, but they were not going to come in time.

My night was spent preparing for a battle in the morning.  I recruited Terry to come help as I couldn't do it alone the day before.  We walk into the house, Billy greets us at the door and is being super sweet!  We walk into the kitchen and he is rubbing against my ankles. In my head I think, "What the hell? " and I pick him up, put him  into the carrier, and shut the door in ten seconds.  Yeah....

He was good at the vet, nothing terribly wrong.  He got some fluids and a shot of pepcid and we were on our way.  Sigh.... and the $100 gloves are en route to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment