Sunday, January 17, 2016

Holiday Madness!!!

I just look at the last post and it was before Thanksgiving.  This makes sense because from Thanksgiving to New Years I have barely had time to breathe.  I overbooked as per usual and just worked non stop.  I turned down many overnight gigs because I can't handle a nonstop schedule on top of not sleeping in my own bed while spooning my cat.  It's my only real ritual or relaxation.


Christmas through new years was spent juggling my regulars with my vacation clients.  I was averaging 30-40 visits per day for a while.  I didn't plan it that way, but it happened.  I can't say that I would want to do that again anytime soon.  I was almost just on auto pilot by the end.  Feed, water, litter, insulin shot, head scratches, kiss fuzzy head, next kiddo.  I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked with each stop, but everyone was happy and healthy :)

Mmm, Pie and exhaustion

Working out frustrations with scheduling family and work on holidays

Couldn't have done it without his help


I've taken on some new clients (cats and dogs).
I've lost a few cat clients (R.I.P. Monty, Morris Lombard, Bean, Mushka, & Pickles)
I will be making some changes this year, including making more time for myself.  Last year was just work work work.  I stopped going to the gym and doing things for myself because I was just too damn tired! Hopefully I can manage my time better and set limits for myself so that I am not dragging by 6pm. Wish a pushover some luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment